Nicholas Dean Lodge

Regulations and Licensing

Licensing Requirements

If you are 16 years of age or older:
  • you must have a valid basic license to sport fish for any species of fish in non-tidal waters (including salmon).
  • you must purchase appropriate supplementary licenses and stamps.
  • you must carry your license while sport fishing and, if asked, produce it for inspection by a Conservation Officer, Fishery Officer, RCMP constable, Park Ranger in a park, or an Officer under the Wildlife Act.
  • basic and supplementary licenses and stamps are not valid in National Parks (except for Pacific Rim National Park Reserve during the 2002-03 season).
All annual licenses are valid for the current license year, April 1, 2012 - March 31, 2012, commencing on date purchased.

Non-Tidal Angling License Fees

(April 1 - March 31) (prices subject to change, G.S.T. not included)
Licence Type Resident (B.C. Residents) Non-Resident (Residents of Another Province or Territory) Non-Resident Alien (Residents of Another Country)
Basic Licenses
Annual Angling License $36 $55 $80
One Day Angling License* $10 $20 $20
Eight Day Angling License* $20 $36 $50
Annual License for Disabled $1 •• ••
Annual License for Age 65 Plus** $5 •• ••
* You may buy as many One Day and Eight Day Licenses as you need, but only one Annual License. ** The regular fee for an annual angling license applies if the BC senior citizen is not a Canadian Citizen. •• Fee reduction not available. Regular license required. All license fees except Annual License for the Disabled include a surcharge for the Habitat Conservation Trust Fund. Individuals who are unable to attend a license vendor outlet to obtain an angling license may now purchase licenses by mail from any one of BC's 58 Government Agent Offices. Download an application. (32 kb PDF) To find the location of the Government Agent office closest to you, refer to the Blue Pages in a phone directory or go to our search page. For calls within BC, call Enquiry BC toll free at 1-800-663-7867 and request to be transferred to the closest Government Agent for assistance, if required.